Phil van Deurs - Aytons Photography:
- Born in Denmark
- Studied photography at a London Art College gaining a degree in Photography.
- During the 60's and 70's he worked with many top London based European photographers in the fields of fashion, theatre, commercial and fine art photography - he learned the finer points of lighting, posing and communication from these maestro's who were bigger household names than most pop stars.
- He admires and has been inspired by the work of Brandt, Ray, Parkinson, Sieff, Bailey - in no particular order.
- Early influences were Degas, Monet, Renoir and Gaugin.
- Phil is extensively travelled and brings an international flavour to his work - a people watcher from Parisienne cafes to tiny Pacific Islands, from the cool of the Swiss Alps to the heat of Central American unrest.
- He is a devotee of photography as a serious art form, not simply a recording medium. He has witnessed and adapted to enormous changes in image capture, materials and client expectations. His images have received many prestigious Awards.
Phil believes personal contact, getting to know your client a little, will usually result in better portraits. Shoots, from studio portraits to weddings, should be pleasurable, memorable experiences. The best images capture emotion, they must be more that just a static record.